Thursday, December 12, 2013

Our first winter hike...

Share it Please
Today I woke up to the bright sun shining in my window and thought this would be the perfect day to take Molly down to the local trail and explore the beautiful woods. I knew it was extremely cold out (my car said -14 degrees!!!!) and so I was sure to bundle up. As soon as we parked and walked down the hill into the woods I let Molly off the leash and she was in her glory!!! 
I try to take Molly out to this trail once a week or so and we always seem to enjoy ourselves immensely! I was tempted to break out my cross country skis today but thought I would wait for just a little more snow to fall. So I ended up running much of the trail so that Molly could get her exercise. I ran and she lead the way.
She found several sticks along the way and insisted on carrying one in her mouth much of the way. 
It was so nice to get out and spend some quality time with my dog...just her and I and the open woods. Not another soul in sight! This morning I attended a Pilates class at 9:15am, hit up the gym after for a leg, chest, and shoulder workout, and was treated to a lunch out with someone very special and enjoyed this salad. 
Grilled chicken breast, dried apricots and cranberries, apple slices, spiced pecans and goat cheese served on a bed of mixed greens with a honey dijon dressing
I'm super glad I wore my under armor and warm hiking boots because even while running the wind seemed to cut right through you! Molly had to stop several times to chew the ice chunks out from in between her toes :( I may consider getting little booties for her. I've seen little dogs with them on but not too many big dogs and I worry Molly may feel a little embarrassed :P 
All in all our outdoor walk/jog was a huge success and I already can't wait until the next time we venture out. Hopefully next time I will be on skis and if that's case, Molly look out! You will have some competition! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always love to hear from my readers!

Followers