Monday, December 16, 2013

Why A Trainer Hired a Trainer

Share it Please
I told most of my friends, family, and clients that I recently hired a personal trainer and got many different reactions. "Really!?!? Why would YOU need a trainer?" "Oh that's great, good for you!" "You don't need a trainer, you already look great" and "Pffff, omg that's silly". I think it's interesting that I have had so many varying comments but understand where people are coming from when they ask why.
Year 2004. 168lbs 

Being "fit" has never come easy to myself or any member of my family. I was always active as a kid and teenager through sports, activities, and swimming, but I was always overweight and when I hit my first year of university I was the heaviest I had ever been. It was at that time I decided it was time to make a change. I joined the YMCA, started exercising daily and changed my eating habits drastically. Over the last 10 years I have gradually lost almost 40 lbs and continue to work hard at the gym and stay conscious of what I eat.

Year 2013. 132lbs 


This past summer I can honestly say I was in the best shape of my life. I constantly set goals for myself and when I reach those goals I set new ones. For the most part I would say I'm motivated when it comes to my workouts but lately I feel as though I have reached a bit of a plateau. Although I am still attending the gym several times per week, and lifting weights and doing lots of cardio, I feel as though I am not pushing myself as much as I should be to continue to get results. I push my own clients to their max and continuously tell them how important it is to be sure to always feel challenged. They are motivated by me, feel accountable to me, and learn new exercises from me. I keep them on track and they always say how much they appreciate me keeping them on track. I felt I needed a "me" in my life.

Enter "The Trainer".

I met with him at my home last Wednesday for the initial consultation and "trial session". He KICKED MY ASS! I sweated like crazy, was pushed beyond my limits, and wanted to curse his name only 15 minutes into the session. I was sore for two days and it was GREAT!! :)

He provided me with some workout plans to do at the gym until the next time I see him which is tomorrow. Here's what I have done since I saw him last:

Wednesday: First session with "The Trainer"; 45 minute brisk walk with Molly
Thursday: 1 hour Pilates class, 1 hour Goodlife workout (legs, chest, and shoulders), 45 minute hilly hike in the woods with Molly
Friday: Sore all over. 5K run in 27:40 (no weights for this girl today)
Sat/Sun: off
Monday: 1 hour hot yoga, 1 hour weights (back, biceps, triceps), 30 minute brisk walk with Molly


My Home Gym: the place I will be tortured at 2 times per week for the next 5 weeks--or maybe longer!

After less than a week of 'upping the ante' with my workouts, I already feel amazing and more motivated to push myself harder. I will track all of my workouts and measure my progress for the next 5 weeks until I leave for my JAMAICA TRIP!!!!

And I plan on sharing my 5 week journey with all of you with the hopes that you can feel inspired by my pain, suffering, and by the amazingness of the results I hope to achieve with all my efforts :)

Come visit me again soon pretty please! And tell all your friends and family too!!! :) :) :)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments! I always love to hear from my readers!

Followers