Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cream cheese filled and bacon wrapped Jalapeno Poppers

Share it Please
Tonight at 6:30 the Broncos will take on the Seahawks and people all over the nation will be hosting parties and attending events to celebrate and cheer for their favourite team. Some popular Superbowl food dishes include chicken wings, nachos, pizza, garlic bread, chips, pretzels, nuts, and my all time favourite, jalapeno poppers.

This is what I put myself in charge of bringing today and when I went to the grocery store I had a similar experience to the one I wrote about in this post. Frozen, pre-made jalapeno poppers are breaded, use highly processed cheese, and have a million complicated ingredients. Not to mention super expensive--$13.99 for 8 pieces!?!? No thanks!! So once again, I bought the necessary ingredients and made my own!



Ingredients: (Makes 20 poppers)
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 brick light cream cheese
- 1/4 orange bell pepper (chopped small)
- 1/2 tomato (seeded and chopped small)
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional--I use cilantro in every recipe possible!!)
- 10 slices of bacon cut in half



Directions:
- Wash, slice lengthways, and de-seed peppers
- Chop tomato, pepper, and cilantro
- In a medium size bowl mix cream cheese, tomato, bell pepper, and cilantro
- Stuff each jalapeno pepper half with cream cheese filling and place on baking sheet
- Wrap stuffed pepper with a half slice of bacon

I have a friend who is vegetarian so I made a few baconless poppers separate for her to enjoy.

- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked to your desired crispiness
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate, serve, and ENJOY!!!
These incredible tasting appetizers are not the healthiest thing I've ever made however the fat and calorie content is almost HALF of that of the store bought ones. And everything in moderation right!??!

I hope you all enjoy your super bowl Sunday!! I am heading to a friends house for a delicious brunch and get together (girls only--the guys took off for a boys cottage weekend at Turkey Point!) and then heading to my parents to watch the big game with my family. Can't wait!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always love to hear from my readers!

Followers